Relationships Scotland is the go-to organisation for journalists writing on any aspect of relationships, sex, divorce, separation, families and parenting after separation.
We provide relationship counselling, family mediation, child contact centres and other family support services across all of mainland and island Scotland. Our work supports individuals, couples and families experiencing relationship difficulties.
Our key messages:
- Positive and healthy relationships are at the heart of a successful and vibrant Scotland.
- Families and relationships bring meaning and purpose to people’s lives and they now come in all shapes and sizes.
- Relationships are under greater pressure than ever before, with family breakdown costing the Scottish economy around £3 billion each year (Relationships Foundation – Cost of Family Breakdown Index 2013)
- Over 100,000 people across the country currently access information, family support, counselling and mediation from Relationships Scotland each year and many more could benefit from our services.
We can offer journalists:
- Expert comment from our range of experienced practitioners on issues including relationships, marriage, divorce, infidelity, sex, dating, family life and parenting after separation.
- Responses to current hot topics and relationships trends.
- Regional insight from our network of 22 local services – based in every region of Scotland.
- Help sourcing evidence-based research on a wide variety of issues affecting relationships and families.
- Seasonal content appropriate to a wide variety of publications.
- Support to source case-studies, including couples and families who have accessed Relationships Scotland services.
- Article contributions from a media savvy team who have written for a wide variety of publications.
Latest press releases:
Supporting kids caught in the crossfire of separation
Scottish Daily Record
24 August 2015