Our Diploma in Relationship Counselling uniquely prepares students to work both with couples and individuals. The integrative training focuses on the counselling relationship and the self-development of the counsellor. Our theoretical approach has been developed from a fusion of Psychodynamic and Systemic traditions and incorporates theories of Adult Sexuality and Relationships.
Students are taught in small groups using a variety of teaching methods, supported by core readings and handouts providing explanation of theoretical concepts. Experiential exercises bring the theoretical concepts to life and enhance self-awareness through self-reflection.
Our previous students share their experience of the Diploma course.
Course Directors provide consistent support and a range of specialist tutors enhance student learning. Key elements of the Diploma course include:
• Competitive training costs due to the charitable status of Relationships Scotland.
• Full COSCA validation.
• Academic credit rating from Edinburgh Napier University of 120 credits at SCQF, Level 9.
• Supportive, supervised practice placements within Relationships Scotland’s network of local services.
• Uniquely qualifies you to work with both individuals and couples.
• Small training numbers offering a maximum 1:10 staff/student ratio.
This is a part-time course taught over two and a half years consisting of five taught modules (each comprising of five weekends) and a counselling practice module consisting of 200 hours of supervised practice. Couselling skills development places emphasis on an authentic relationship between counsellor and clients. Trainees will learn skills of self-reflection and self- awareness through personal, interpersonal and group process.
Individuals admitted onto this programme embark on a thorough and in depth training that involves:
• Approved local service placements
• Regular individual and group supervision
• Skills practice groups
• Critiquing recorded sessions
• Writing self-assessments
• Writing academic essays
• Personal and professional development groups
The current Diploma in Relationship Counselling is due is scheduled to begin in September. Applications are now CLOSED.
For more information contact 0345 119 2020.