Our current volunteer blog editor Nicola is leaving us to concentrate on her new future as a counsellor, we’d like to wish her the very best. As Nicola is leaving, someone has the amazing opportunity to take over and shape the Relationships Scotland blog. We have a wide range of people blogging for us, from Scottish parents to our Chief Executive, and we’d like to expand our writer base. This is an ideal opportunity for a copywriter, blogger or someone passionate about digital & social media.
The role entails:
- Communicating with and managing our current bloggers
- Strategising content ideas with Relationships Scotland staff and the Digital Media Manager
- Managing the editorial calendar
- Making simple SEO tweaks
- Editing, approving and publishing content
- Blogger outreach
The person we’re after has to have:
- Writing experience (for example blogging, writing for traditional publications or report writing)
- Good communication skills
- Basic IT skills
Some desirable but not essential skills are:
- WordPress experience
- An understanding of social media
- An understanding of issues affecting relationships (couples, children & families)
A full induction will be offered, we cover travel expenses and we’re flexible about the days/times/location you work. The commitment you give could be as little as two hours per week and this could be from home so you don’t need to be Scotland-based.
If you’re interested in applying please send a CV and short covering letter to email@example.com no later than 5pm Fri 15th February 2013.
If you would like an informal chat about the role please use the above email or call Ross McCulloch on 0845 119 2020.